Are you like me and you always get stumped when staring into your closet while trying to figure out what to wear for a portrait session? What the heck will look good on me and look good on them aaaaaaaand look good all together?! Well, once again, Pantone has saved the day with these great color ideas and paired them up to help you and your SO look good together without looking like you work together at UPS. Feast your eyes on some pretty (and handsome) selections to give you some ideas to find the perfect portrait session outfits!
Important Tips to consider when selecting your portrait session outfits:
- You do not have to try to find these exact outfits. Also, couples and families do not always “fit the mold” so take these examples with a grain of salt and play around with color schemes that you really love.
- Outfit options are great and you can find similar pieces using a different palette, too.
- Select items that you or your family member are comfortable in. I love some of these dresses but you will probably never seen me in one because that’s just not what I am comfortable in and I really like to have my images reflect ME. HOWEVER, the yellow and gray or yellow and cobalt blue palettes (below) are really pretty and I might try to find pieces that I already own and see if I can put something together with what my SO has and what the kids have. Whatever pieces I am missing I will try to fill in the gaps with a new item or two (or three) but certainly don’t go overboard if you don’t have to!
- When in doubt, go neutral. Maybe throw in a little pop of color within your neutral palette to spice things up.
- Consider where your session is going to be taking place when selecting clothing items. Will it make sense? Are you aiming to do something unusual / fancy / relaxed?
- If you feel stuck, please feel free to email me with quick phone pics of items that you have or screen grabs of an item that you are considering and I can always give you the thumbs up or give you another suggestion to try. Don’t overthink it!
Portrait Session Outfits
#1 Custard Must-Have
#3 Super Texture
Need some more inspiration or have any questions about your portrait session outfits? Shoot me a message and let’s discuss it!